ČESMAD Slovakia is an association of road transport operators of the Slovak Republic representing interests of its members -transport operators vis-ŕ-vis ministries, central authorities of state administration of the Slovak Republic as well as other authorities, organisations, and associations in an effort of developing the road transportation and making it prosperous.
More about the Association
ČESMAD Slovakia from legal standpoint
The association of road transport operators of the Slovak Republic ČESMAD Slovakia was established on 7 June 1992. As indicated by the bylaws of the Association, ČESMAD Slovakia is a legal entity operating in the field of international and domestic road transport.
Secretariat of the Association
The Association is headquartered in Bratislava. The secretariat of the Association provides its members with various services and coordinates the activity of regional sites in Banská Bystrica, in Košice and in Nové Zámky.
Regional sites are established as needed in locations with higher concentration of Association’s members. The objective thereof is to assist the members in solving issues and provide certain secretariat services at regional level.
What do we do for our members?
- We represent them vis-ŕ-vis ministries and central authorities of state administration, other authorities, organisations and associations,
- We arrange visas for professional drivers,
- We arrange VAT refunds,
- Based on an authorisation from the Ministry of Transport, Posts and Telecommunications of the Slovak Republic, we hand over international transport permissions to perform international road-, passenger- and freight transport,
- We issue a professional monthly named Kilometer and other non-periodical publications,
- We execute and maintain the agenda of TIR carnets and other customs documents on the basis of an agreement with the Customs Directorate of the Slovak Republic according to principles laid down by the IRU,
- We provide transport operators with current traffic information and attempt to solve their problems on roads and border crossings,
- We ensure insurance of TIR carnets,
- We organise professional training courses and seminars,
- We provide current traffic information on the Association’s web site www.cesmad.sk,
- We take part in sessions of commissions on the issues of international and domestic road transport with the objective of solving them,
- Our efforts are aimed at development and prosperity of road transport in Slovakia and furthering of interests of our members,
- We provide our members with consulting and other services concerned with international and domestic road transport,
- Our effort is to promote interests of our members in creating optimum legislative conditions supporting development of transport and harmonisation of national legislation with that of the European Union,
- We assume positions with respect to professional capacity, financial reliability and moral integrity of our members in accordance with legal regulations of the Slovak Republic.
Posledná aktualizácia: 13. 11. 2023